External Security Manager
In all businesses, it is important to have a designated function that ensures that safety and security requirements are met, and that critical processes and assets are protected. However, all businesses do not need a full-time security manager and many times the role requires more experience than one person can provide. In those cases, an external security manager is a good solution.
React Risk Advisory offers clients a dedicated person to serve as an external security manager supporting them with expertise. The purpose is to lay a groundwork for the security organization that is sustainable over time and to give management the opportunity to focus on strategic issues.
The external security manager can, for example
- Establish or revise existing security policy, systematic security work, security organization
- Lead risk analyses, work with the business continuity planning or establish a crisis management work
- Create or revise existing routine documents and implement them in the organization
- Review existing security systems and assess their suitability
- Review relevant agreements and renegotiate those that are not beneficial and procure new security services
- Handling security issues and crises
Advantages of hiring an external security manager
- Can work part-time, indefinitely or during a transitional period. It is easy to scale up when needed and to achieve cost efficiency.
- Broader competence as colleagues at React Risk Advisory support the external security manager with their expertise.
- Security requirements are met and critical processes and assets in the business are protected.
An external security manager should be hired
- When there is a need of strengthening current security organization.
- After organizational changes.
- Before events that involve higher security requirements.
- When circumstances require a specific competence
- Changes in threat level.
- Where there is a lack of resources but at the same time no permanent need for a full-time security manager.